How to get the most out of a wedding fair
Wedding Fair Season is upon us! If you’re starting the new year newly engaged or if you’ve been engaged for a while and the new year/new you has spurred you on to get the wedding plans started, wedding fairs can be a useful and fun place to start!
Although not many venues attend fairs they are a good day out to get some wedding inspiration. There is a lot to see and take in that can sometimes be over-whelming so here are some useful tips to ensure that you get the most out of a Wedding fair!
- Think before you attend the fair about what you need for your perfect wedding day. Whether you need some music, stationary, venue dressing, flowers or if you’re on the lookout for the venue, go with a plan in mind.
- Take time to talk to the suppliers who want to engage and have a chat! You may think that you just need the information and will get in contact with them when you get home however if you take a few minutes to have a brief conversation, you will get a feel for if they are the right person to help you achieve your dream. You will also be more likely to remember them and their services.
- Take a small note pad and pen with you to make notes on which venues and suppliers stood out for you. You will most likely be talking to a lot of people on the day and even though there may be a few you’re keen on it’s still a struggle to find their information amongst the handful of business cards and brochures you have. Make a note on those who you took a shining to.
- Keep an eye out for Venue Showcases. Venue Showcases held by venues are held to show of how beautiful venues can look when dressed, without any other suppliers there so you get quality time with the wedding coordinators and can see the venue in all it’s glory.
- Take a few days to have a think about the suppliers that you met and then follow up the enquiries to get bespoke prices. Once you have prices you are able to compare to ensure you’re getting the best deal possible!
Refreshing your brain beforehand will keep you focused on the day ensuring you don’t miss a potential dream supplier. The key suppliers you need for your wedding day are your photographer, florist, makeup artist, hairdresser and entertainment.
Armed with these tips you will get the most out of any wedding fairs you attend, and hopefully a little bit of free cake here and there!
At Holbrook Manor we have several open events planned. Head to our Facebook page for the full list or just above this post in the events tab we have the planned events with more information.